Applications are invited to the Posts of Professors, Associate Professors in the Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University.
Scale of Pay-(37400-67000+AGP 10000)
Number of Posts- 2
a. Malayalam Literature (Ezhava/Thiyya / Billava)
b. Cultural Heritage Studies (Open)
• Should have Ph.D in the relevant area and publications of high standard.
• At least ten books of high standard and publication of academic papers.
• Minimum ten years of experience of teaching at the University or College level.
• Minimum ten years of research experience and experience of guiding research.
• Original contribution to educational activities and better pedagogy
• Minimum score on Academic Performance Indicator (API) as stipulated by UGC.
II. Associate Professor
Scale of Pay- (37400-67000+AGP 9000).
Number of posts-2
a. Linguistics (Open)
• 55 % marks in the qualifying exam.
• Ph. D in the relevant subject.
• At least five books of high standard and publication of serious academic papers.
• Minimum eight years of experience of teaching at the University or College level.
• Original contribution to educational activities and better pedagogy.
• Minimum score on Academic Performance Indicator as stipulated by UGC.Community reservation
Upper age limit:
Professor: 50 years,
Associate Professor: 45 years, as on 1.4. 2014
Candidates belonging to scheduled castes (SC), scheduled tribes(ST) and other backward
communities (OBC) will be entitled to the eligible relaxation in upper age limit.
The time taken by the applicants for research leading to Ph.D will not be reckoned to calculate
the length of teaching experience.
Applications should be submitted online atwww.malayalamuniversity.edu.in
Application fee is Rs. 500. (For applicants belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled
tribes the fee is Rs. 200.) Fee is to be remitted to the account of Malayalam University
(Account Number 32709117532 at SBI Tirur Town Branch) The UTR/Journal Number
obtained from the bank should be included in the application form.
Documents to be brought for interview
• Certificates of academic qualifications and age, in original.
• Those belonging to other backward communities should produce the certificate on creamy
layer status to avail of the benefit of community reservation.
• Applicants already employed should produce the no objection certificate from the Head
of the institution.
General information to candidates
• Eligible applicants will be called for interview in the first fortnight of August, 2014.
• The decision of the selection committees duly constituted by the University shall be
• Any extraneous influence will be treated as disqualification.
Last date for receiving the applications is 21 July 2014.